What is Biomass?
Biomass is a renewable low carbon fuel that is already widely available throughout the UK. Correctly managed, biomass is a sustainable fuel that can deliver a significant reduction in net carbon emissions when compared with fossil fuels. The most common Biomass fuels are sourced from wood, including pellets, chips and logs. Applications range from large scale heating boilers down to individual domestic heaters/boilers.
Biomass boilers are now being installed in many businesses and homes. A next generation biomass boiler is easy to install and easy to operate. It is an obvious choice when replacing or upgrading a gas or oil boiler. Biomass boilers can be connected to virtually any existing heating system.
With the Introduction of the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) installing a biomass boiler has never made more sense. Under the RHI tariff based payments are made per kilowatt of heat generated with returns on investment around 20% per annum over the 20 years of the scheme.
• Provide average rates of return of around 20%
• Save up to 30%-50% on fuel bills
• Beat the rising and unstable oil, gas and electricity prices
• Provide all your home or business’ heating needs
• Average Payback time of 5-7 years
• Domestic customers can also claim up to £950 towards a new biomass boiler through the Renewable Heat Premium Payment, if you are not currently on the gas grid.
• Commercial customers can currently claim the Renewable Heat Incentive for generating.