Biomass boilers generally require very little maintenance, however to ensure a Biomass boiler continues to run efficiently and to prolong the life of an installation regular servicing is recommended.
Work undertaken during a service includes:
- An inspection of the gas chamber
- Clearing and checks of the ash grates
- All door seals checked
- Temperature and other sensors checked
- Cleaning of the control opening
- Checks of the furnace
- Cleaning of the boiler combustion chamber and the flue
- Checks and clearing of all fans
- Ash discharge system checked
- Checks on seal of flue
- Check operation of controls are correct
- Functional check of the safety thermostat
- Functional check of the back burning safety thermostat
- Functional check of the fire-extinguishing water valve
- Functional check of the safety chain
- Check flame sensor
- Check current measurement sensor
- Checks on all valves, hoses and compressor
- Check system pressure
- General heating component and pipe work check.
Additional checks will be undertaken on an individual basis, depending on type of boiler, loading method as well checking the fuel store.