Benefits of Biomass
- Cheaper than conventional fossil fuels and high in energy content, switching to biomass can save around 20%-40% on heating costs.
- Biomass offers protection from rising and unstable oil, gas and electricity prices. Duncan Renewables can offer fixed price fuel supply contracts complete with free servicing.
- Wipe out your heating costs. The combination of fuel savings and RHI income mean that it’s possible to wipe out your annual fuel bill. Or put another way, because the RHI income received can be greater than the operating costs, the heating system can generate an annual profit for the next 20 years.
- Biomass typically provides average rates of return of around 20%. High load factors and industrial applications can increase the average rate of return.
- Provide for all your home or business heating needs with an average payback time of 4-7 years.
- Biomass is carbon neutral as the carbon dioxide emitted when wood fuel is burned is the same amount that was absorbed over the previous years as the plant was growing. As long as new plants continue to grow in place of those used for fuel, the process is sustainable (see diagram right).
- Eligible commercial and domestic customers are entitled to quarterly tariff based payments per kilowatt of heat generated through the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) scheme. Payments for domestic customers are contracted for 7 years whilst non-domestic contracts are 20 years in duration.
- Biomass Boilers very low maintenance. Due to their high efficiency, only 1-2% of ash is produced from the original fuel material. Fitted with an automated vacuum system, ash removal is only required once every 6 months; a service offered by Duncan Renewables.
Speak to one of our friendly advisors. Call us on 01423 359 600 or Make an enquiry