Duncan Renewables have just completed a 198kW biomass installation at one of the country’s leading contract furniture suppliers. The installation allowed Hill Cross Furniture, based near Northallerton, to switch from LPG and electric heating to wood pellets which are sustainably sourced from a local supplier. The district heating system saw several buildings on the company’s manufacturing facilities linked to a central plant room housing the boiler and the wood pellet store.Read more »
This January the team at Duncan Renewables had an exhibition at LAMMA, the UK’s largest farm machinery, equipment and agricultural services show. As much of our work is within the agricultural sector, we were able to touch base with some of our clients and to introduce potential clients to some of the services we can offer.
Some of the recent projects we highlighted include the 600kWth biomass project on a chicken farm, projected to save the farmer 21% against the cost of oil in addition to the generous RHI Income; and a 138kw ground mounted Solar PV installation within a disused field of a pig farm expected to produce over 120,000 units of clean electricity every year.
Incorporating renewables into your agricultural enterprise can be a fantastic way to gain some measure of control ever increasing energy overheads while taking advantage of the strong returns provided by the Renewable Heat Incentive and Feed-in-Tariffs.
We found the LAMMA show an excellent opportunity to tell people about our work, to make new connections, and to learn more about how we can help integrate renewables into the agricultural environment. We are very excited about some of the projects that ha...Read more »
An informative video looking at the operation of a Biomass Boiler, and discussing the implication of planning permission.Read more »
With the kind co-operation of Janice and Paul Goddard, owners of Marton Grange Country House near Bridlington, Duncan Renewables will be presenting the benefits of installing a Biomass Heating System for those business owners currently using Oil or LPG for heating.
We appreciate that Independent Hoteliers, Bed & Breakfast and Holiday Cottage owners who provide that perfect get away in isolated places for their guests are experiencing escalating oil and LPG costs. Janice and Paul Goddard have faced up to this challenge and by installing a highly efficient Biomass Wood Pellet Boiler they are already enjoying benefits such as:
• Reduced fuel costs
• A new potential revenue stream through the Renewable Heat Incentive
• Reduced carbon footprint
• Enhanced “green” credentials
• Tour of the installation
• Introduction to the Renewable Heat Incentive
• How to make money from the Renewable Heat Incentive
• Walk through of the Marton Grange case study
• Biomass versus other renewable heat technologies
• Biomass fuel versus fossil fuel
• Is biomass suitable or feasible for you ?
• Flexible financing options
Light refreshments will be available.
To book your place at...Read more »
On the 13 th October the third annual Ulleskelf beer festival will be held and sponsored by Duncans.
Last year the Wetherby News wrote:
A REAL family affair is how one of the organisers summed up the annual Ulleskelf Beer Festival at the weekend.
The annual festival, only the second ever in the village, saw more than 250 people attend the sold-out village event on Saturday October 15.
Organiser Jill Harvey, who is also on the village hall committee, said the day had been a roaring success. She said: “The day was extremely enjoyable and we had an amazing time. We had people of all ages arrive on the day and it was a real family affair with people really getting into the spirit of the day really well.
“The weather was brilliant too which helped, and the day a total sell out. We will definitely be continuing the trend next year.”
As well as a selection of beers on offer, a range of wines, ciders and soft drinks were available.
The doors of the village hall were opened at around lunchtime and were still going at past 10 pm in the evening, organiser Jill Harvey said.
Tadcaster MP Nigel Adams was among those who raised a glass or two to the success of the festival.
All the ...
The latest renewable industry and company news
- UK solar installations under the feed-in tariff reach 1.3GW
- Poll: 74% of Brits want more solar than present
- Marton Grange Country House Biomass Seminar
- Rising energy prices identified as ‘biggest threat’ to household finances
- Npower follows British Gas with price rise
- If solar covered one percent of the UK it would meet the country’s entire power demand
- Will climate change lead to more flooding?
- UK 'at risk of electricity blackouts by 2015' due to EU's green laws and power station closures
- Exclusive: SMA to release Smart Home system to UK market
- Duncan Renewables Nominated for 'Solar Installer of the Year'
- STA: solar still a ‘no-brainer’ at 16p
- Installations climb ahead of August 1 cut
- Duncan Renewables at the Driffield Show
- Great Yorkshire Show Cancelled
- The Great Yorkshire Show Starts Tomorrow!
- DECC: 83 Percent of Brits Support Solar Above All Other Renewables
- Duncan Renewables at the Great Yorkshire Show
- Duncan Renewables Powers Great Yorkshire Show
- Country-Dwellers Hit by High Cost of Living
- The Green Deal is a Game-Changer For The Energy Market
- Handover at the Great Yorkshire Showground
- Survey: One third of British farmers to generate green energy
- Solar Industry 'on road to recovery'
- Farming Talk: Farmers flock to renewable energy projects
- One in six farms will have solar installed by summer 2012
- Global Investment in Renewable Energy at Record High
- My electricity meter is running backwards: who is responsible?
- Renewable energy schemes help boost farmers' profits